DharmaNet InterLinks: Buddhist Studies
The links referenced here are to Buddhist resources that are of an academic
nature, as differentiated from resources representing a Buddhist organization
or practice group [see: DharmaNet's Buddhist InfoWeb]
or home pages of a more personal nature [see: DharmaNet's Personal Pages].
If you know of a resource that should be included
here, or if a link has moved or ceased to exist, please e-mail to: email@example.com
Categories: Databases & Input Projects. Academic Sites. Academic Journals. Non-Academic Buddhist Study Resources. Buddhist E-Mail Directory: Scholars & Academicians.
Buddhist Databases & Input Projects
Buddhist Studies Academic Resources
- Asian Studies WWW Virtual Library [AU].
- Barre Center for Buddhist Studies [Barre MA].
- Berkeley Buddhist Research Center (BBRC).
- Buddhapia Network [Korea] - Korean Buddhism, in English and Korean.
- Buddhism in India.
Study Group [University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign].
Association at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Buddhist Library [Singapore].
- Buddhist Resource List.
- Buddhist Studies WWW Virtual Library [AU].
- Buddhist Studies World Wide Web Sites.
- Center for Buddhist Studies [National Taiwan University].
- Centre for Buddhist Studies [University of Bristol].
- Dharma Realm Buddhist University [Sagely City of 10,000 Buddhas, CA].
- Dictionary of East Asian Buddhist Terms - [Netscape 2.0 frame], [USA], [JAPAN].
- Dr. Ron Epstein's Home Page.
- European Buddhist
University [Paris, France] - founded in 1995 by French Buddhists to
promote Buddhist studies in France and Europe.
- Gateless Passage.
- Global Resources for Buddhist Studies
- Graduate Programs in Asian Philosophy and Religion.
- Harvard Buddhist Community.
- International Association of
Buddhist Studies [U. North Carolina, Wilmington NC] - a non-profit
international professional organization devoted to the academic study of
Buddhism in all its manifestations and from any disciplinary perspective.
Research Institute for Zen Buddhism (IRIZ) [Hanazono U - Kyoto JP] -
an academic research institution devoted to the study of Zen Buddhism. We
aim to serve the needs of researchers, students, teachers, and
practitioners of Buddhism, but we also offer electronic tools -- such as a
48,000 character Chinese character database -- of interest to people
involved in all fields of East Asian Studies such as Chinese, Japanese,
and Korean histories, literatures, and religions. This WWW site and its
contents form part of the Zen KnowledgeBase project initiated and directed
by Urs APP.
- Kalavinka Dharma Jewels Buddhist
Translation Archive [Portland OR] - Original translations & links to
other translations on the Web.
Korean Buddhism WWWVL.
- Le Bouddhisme Theravada.
- Mind Only Cafe (Yogacara) [UNC at Wilmington].
- Naropa Institute [Boulder CO] -
started by Ven. Chogyam Trungpa, Rinpoche. It offers Bachelors and Masters
Degrees including a Bachelors Degree in Religion, and a Master's in
- National Capital Freenet: Buddhism SIG [Ottawa ON].
- National Taiwan University Buddhism Center.
- Numata Center for Buddhist Translation & Research (Berkeley CA).
Research Institute of Tripitaka Koreana.
Resources for the Study of East Asian Language and Thought.
Asia Resource Access on the Internet (SARAI).
- Thai Buddhism FAQ.
- Tibetan Studies WWW Virtual Library [AU].
- UCB Buddhism Program [University of California at Berkeley].
- UK Association
for Buddhist Studies [UK] - lists members' postal addresses,
telephone/fax numbers, E-mail addresses, research interests, and
publications. It also gives details of UK courses relating to Buddhism,
contains links to other web-sites and gives information on useful
- Vipassana Research Publications of America [Seattle WA].
Dictionary of Buddhist Terms, by Charles Muller.
- Zen Buddhism WWW Virtual Library [AU].
- Zen Research and
Study Group (Groupe de Recherches et d'Etudes sur le Zen - GREZ)
[France] - a division of the
European Buddhist University, a body founded in 1995 by French
Buddhists to promote Buddhist studies in France and Europe.
- Gopher: Columbia University's South Asia Gopher Resources.
Non-Academic Buddhist Study Resources
This resource is optimized for transmission speed and intentionally avoids
graphics, frames, and applets. This page is owned and maintained by DharmaNet International. Please e-mail comments,
corrections, updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise indicated, all material that appears on DharmaNet
International's Gateways to Buddhism is Copyright © 1991-99,
DharmaNet International. All rights reserved.
| Top of Page | DharmaNet